Job Category: Ad Technology
Type of Job: Account Management
Position: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
We have a unique opportunity for an Executive Vice President to lead our strategic business growth on key accounts and oversee all account leaders. If you’re the right candidate, you are an experienced strategist but at your core you live to sell and build relationships. You are a motivational leader to your entire team and have led teams of at least 20 people. You have managed blue-chip consumer clients. You can identify opportunities, create solutions and speak to clients in a compelling and convincing manner. You will live on the front line; build our pipeline, direct new business efforts as well as grow organic revenue from our existing and impressive client base. Armed with strong business acumen, knowledge of Digital trends and experience in solution selling, you will help to shape our business and those of our clients. You understand revenue targets and how to meet them. Where others see challenges, you see opportunities. If this role calls to you, you will be an integral part of our senior leadership team.
Edelman Digital is the world’s first and largest global social agency. We leverage the industry’s best talent, combining insight driven business strategy, creative problem solving and flawless execution. This leads to measurable results for our clients and tangible value for their stakeholders.
We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference….and ultimately, revenue. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are now not “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
Preferred Qualifications we are seeking in an Executive Vice President candidate:
• Proven account leader who has managed million $+ clients
• Ability to qualify leads and focus on opportunities that have the most strategic and financial impact for the agency
• Track record of consistently meeting revenue goals
• Demonstrated ability to target and penetrate key prospects and influence decision-makers
• Ability to understand client stated and unstated business goals
• Demonstrated thought leadership in solving strategic and operational business problems
• Demonstrated strategic and analytical sales approach with focus on building trust and relationships with senior level clients
• Extensive agency or professional services experience and a visionary leader who inspires and motivates a team
• Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams during the sales process in order to create compelling solutions for prospective clients
• Self-driven, confident and analytical as well as possess excellent presentation and communication skills
• Candidates must have at least 12 years of relevant work experience in digital marketing and communications and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing preferred
Responsibilities of the Executive Vice President include:
• Meet quarterly and annual revenue targets
• Manage pipeline and create revenue forecasts
• Mentor and guide account team
• Initiate, structure, and engage high impact strategic partnerships (both internal and external); lead day-to-day team efforts
• Prospect, pitch and close complex key deals with business prospects (i.e. different types of projects, convergence assignments, etc.) and fee billings on current accounts
• Effectively build and execute strategy with internal partners to produce high-quality, strategic creative products for our clients
• Build Chicago Edelman Digital intellectual property by working with discipline leads
• Ensure there is a multi-discipline approach to all communication programming
• Provide feedback to team on methods for writing and reviewing new business plans and strategic communications
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply