Job Category: Marketing
Type of Job: Marketing
Position: Full Time
Location: Irvine, California
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Entrepreneur.com, the website of Entrepreneur Magazine, the leading publication for entrepreneurs and small business owners, is looking for a skilled marketing professional with a proven track record of growing audiences online.
Reporting to the VP of Digital, the primary responsibility of the Audience Development Manager is to identify and pursue new opportunities, partnerships, and technologies to grow site traffic and digital presence for Entrepreneur.com.
This role calls for someone with the skills and experience to tackle digital marketing on all fronts including content marketing, search optimization, partnerships, newsletters, backlinks, cross links, social media and emerging technologies.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Research and identify new sources of additional organic traffic.
- Identify new opportunities to drive more traffic from existing sources.
- Develop programs for promoting site contributors and authors.
- Implement and recommend strategies for driving organic search referrals.
- Plan and prioritize onsite changes designed to trigger audience growth through email newsletters and site registration.
- Work with design, editorial and engineering teams to ensure tasks associated with audience building are executed.
- Identify new areas for promotion and optimization of video content.
- Monitor and maintain site backlink creation workflows.
- Define audience quality tiers and lifetime value for each.
- Develop programs for link exchanges.
- Identify new content syndication partnerships.
- Create monthly status and KPI reports for all traffic initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a role involving growing organic traffic.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams such as design, engineering and editorial.
- Minimum 3 years experience in data analysis and reporting using web analytics suites like Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- A strong understanding of the current best practices of search engine optimization for content sites.
- Strong written skills as some SEO copywriting and tagging will be required.
- Strong skills in time management and project documentation.
- Experience in online publishing using CMS systems.
- Working knowledge of the major social networks and emerging platforms.
- Working knowledge of content aggregator apps like Flipboard and Zite.