Job Category: Publishing / Media Company
Type of Job: Account Management
Position: Full Time
Location: District of Columbia , Washington
About Government Executive
Government Executive Media Group is Atlantic Media’s business-to-business brand and the leading source of information and analysis for federal managers and agency leaders nationwide. Its publications include Government Executive magazine, GovExec.com and Nextgov.com, all of which hold market leading positions and have fast-growing, tech-savvy audiences. GEMG also produces over 75 federal events each year and has a rapidly growing research division, Government Business Council (GBC).
Government Executive Media Group is seeking a highly ambitious, entrepreneurial individual to join our team as an Account Manager for Sales. The Account Manager is responsible for managing a sales territory and developing and maintaining client relationships for Government Executive’s print and online publication, as well as live events and research.
· Managing a sales territory to meet and exceed all monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
· Articulating the editorial ambition and audience demographics of all media properties (print, digital, research and events)
· Developing and executing strategic advertising and marketing plans for clients by understanding and exploring client marketing strategies and objectives
· Cultivating strong relationships with key client decision-makers
· Prospecting to develop new relationships with potential clients
· Maintaining accurate sales forecasts, and tracking performance accordingly
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
· Outstanding record of sales achievement
· 2+ years relevant media sales experience, particularly digital media
· Deep understanding and knowledge of the federal market and established relationships within the federal contractor community a plus
· Effective strategic thinking and problem solving
· Persuasive communication skills, ability to create and deliver convincing arguments
· Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building lasting relationships
· Strong analytics and real-time judgment
· Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
· Poise and 'grace under pressure'
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· BA and strong academic record from respected university or college
· Force of Ideas -- At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
· Spirit of Generosity -- Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
To apply, please visit us online at www.atlanticmedia.com.
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply