Ad:tech has a venerable heritage in the digital industry. It’s been going on forever — well, since 1997 — and it’s huge. It’s also very, well, direct response. That means lots of lead-gen networks, tool providers and sundry other characters. It is also, alas, perhaps the last bastion of “booth babe” in digital media events. Here are 10 telling pics from ad:tech San Francisco, which just took place earlier this week. A special thanks to Steve Hall, whose Flickr photosream was the source for most of these pictures, and Matt Barash who also snapped a few for us.
1. Bunnies. This guy told his wife he was going to a work thing. This is what a work thing looks like, hanging out with sexy bunnies under a tent.
2. Hide your kids. Apparently weird dudes can be booth babes too.
3. Body paint is the new clothing of choice at Ad:tech. That’s Strike two for you, dude on the right.
4. iballers, a dating affiliate ad network. Lots of great vendors to see at Ad:tech.
5. Cupcake babes. Nami Media wants to satisfy your, um, sweet tooth.
6. Clickbooth mascot and his lady friends. Baller.
7. Classy ladies at the party. You have to be top heavy to get in to Ad:tech parties, ladies, and/or have bellybutton piercing, fishnets, exotic dancing experience.
8. Another lovely lady at the party. She looks out of it from all that digital marketing talk.
9.The Marketers Ball. This is a black-tie-only event.
10. Fling.com. If you need a date to the Marketers Ball, you know where to go.