The “reach” of banner ads is more like “misses. All that data and targeting. All that precision and insight. It’s like having a laser-guided, smart bomb system that drops an evaporating mist. The target remains untouched and oblivious.
- The Wall Street Journal’s native approach: ‘If it looks like a puff piece, nobody’s going to read it.’
- Publishers take ad-targeting cues for Facebook posts
- Why TV is still crushing digital video, in 5 charts
- The Washington Post takes an Amazon-inspired approach to native ad targeting
- Copyranter: Native advertising on editorial websites doesn’t work