The most frustrating aspect about the viewability debate is the posturing among media agency leaders and marketers. Also confounding has been the complete disregard by some agencies and marketers of the concept of supply and demand by expecting publishers to pick up the tab on 100 percent viewability. In an ideal world, then, this is how we’d be better off thinking about the topic, argues RPA’s director of audience strategy: Consider ad impact over delivery and create more nuanced metrics for success.
- Post-mortem: Why Scientology’s ‘Going Clear’ Twitter attack backfired
- Why UX is the next battlefront in the war for agency talent
- Target makes art out of products in pop-up store
- Copyranter: Stop hiring journalists to write native ads
- Confessions of a Comcast customer service rep: ‘I don’t personally care.’