John Winsor, CEO of Victors & Spoils, argues that as technology continues to drive the changes in marketing today, how agencies fare will be determined by how well they adapt and capitalize on six key trends: increased competition from media companies, brands like GoPro that have cut out agencies altogether, the need to collaborate with third-party assets, the ability to find good ideas in unlikely places, and the creation of sharable, scalable content.
- How The New York Times gets a 70 percent open rate on its newsletters
- 10 agency Instagram accounts worth checking out
- Ikea just ‘loves’ that viral video of a girlfriend enduring her boyfriend’s puns
- Lowe’s sees traction on two tricky social platforms: Pinterest and Vine
- News crew shooting shows perils of auto-play videos on Twitter, Facebook