Anyone launching a new so-called over-the-top or streaming site must be prepared to live up to Netflix’s standard. Which means, as personalization becomes the watchword for streaming video, data becomes more important. While many new entrants are tempted to throw all their money into content acquisition, that strategy will fail if it isn’t supported by a rich data play: The more providers know about their underlying databases, the more use they can make out of the content they have.
- Snapchat charging brands for video ads viewed less than a second, according to buyers
- The traffic LinkedIn drives to publishers has dropped 44 percent this year
- On ad pricing, Condé Nast bows to the reality of digital
- A copywriter decodes agency rituals and jargon for newbies
- How The New York Times gets a 70 percent open rate on its newsletters